We are searching for a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer to join the Vive Financial family! As senior data warehouse engineers, we are the owners of our database architecture, quality, and performance. It is our responsibility to build streamlined data solutions to support our company and team. We work closely together and build relationships with each other to synchronize our efforts as a team. Our team culture is based on high ownership and genuine curiosity. We strive to maximize the use of automation and provide easy-to-use solutions for our end users and customers.
What you will do:
- Structure and design the Datawarehouse for purposes of analysis and dashboarding.
- Provide analysis of business outcomes and impact of possible definition or process change.
- Be a leading technical mentor on a team of data engineers
- Collaborate with fellow data engineers, take authoritative design and ownership of data projects
- Configure and monitor SQL Server Database Log shipping, and backups and general help.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of databases, tables, data flows, and reporting dashboards.
- Enterprise Reporting and Dashboard Development
- Integrate with an agile scrum team consisting of software engineers, quality assurance engineers, business analysts.
- Support existing solutions by participating in a weekly on-call rotation to quickly resolve data related issues.
- Help create and maintain and document data warehouse standards
- Learn, build, and implement continuous integration using SSDT and other automation tools
- Provide clear, accurate, timely, and well documented solutions
- Collaborate with other business and technical team members on project work and incident resolution
- Participate in retrospectives to continuously nurture your skills, knowledge, talents, expertise, and passion to continuously improve yourself and the company
- Ensure our data solutions are compliant with SOX and PCI industry standards
Experience & Qualifications:
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience as a Data Warehouse Engineer
- Advanced level of knowledge and experience in Power BI
- Advanced level of knowledge and experience in Microsoft SQL Server
- An expert level of knowledge and experience in T-SQL, database design, and database security
- Advanced level of knowledge and experience in SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Reporting Services
- Advanced level of knowledge and experience in SQL Server Data Tools and Database Projects
- Advanced level of knowledge and experience in database performance tuning
- Intermediate knowledge of Database Administration.
- High initiative, ownership, and curiosity about everything you do
- A working knowledge of PowerShell
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with long term success, an amazing culture and one that provides competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired we offer:
Life Insurance, 401K, PTO, Holiday Pay, Parental Leave and Tuition Reimbursement
Subsidized commuter pass/public transportation
- Wellness benefits
- Free snacks and drinks
- Onsite amenities
WHO IS VIVE FINANCIAL?
Founded in 1983, an affiliate of Progressive Leasing, we provide financing and billing options for merchants and consumers. Vive Financial offers a line of credit primarily serving prime and near-prime consumers by providing flexible and affordable payment options for various goods and services including: medical procedures, furniture, retail, and more!
Vive Financial does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Vive Financial does business. All new hires must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test.