Vive Financial, LLC located in Draper, UT seeks a Statistician. Duties include analyzing large data sets of transactional, sales, operations, and finance data to provide business insights, analyses, forecasts, decision tools, and optimization programs to allow the enterprise to operate efficiently and compete effectively in the marketplace.
What You'll Do:
- Interact with data scientists, technical architects, business partners, and senior management to enable efficient and robust analytics capabilities and ensure effective solutions are deployed across the enterprise.
- Implement understanding of statistical theories and techniques.
- Extract and manipulate large data sets using specialized software and draw correct conclusions about the trends and insights that the data provide when properly analyzed.
- Understand the technical architecture of data storage systems within the company and appropriately extract and process raw data and turn it into usable information, draw insights from the information within the data at a correct level of statistical confidence, to sort out randomness and noise from usable information, and to draw signals from complex interactions between variables.
- Use the results of data analysis to programmatically make optimal decisions on how to allocate company resources, set customer transaction terms, and conduct internal operations in such a way as to maximize profitability and minimize waste.
- Design, test, and implement new code successfully in a production environment.
- Understand how each input and output of the code will interact with the system and produce a change in business operations. Supervise QA testing and customer acceptance testing.
- Consult with technical resources on testing requirements and outcomes.
- Implement code changes to a production environment without causing disruption of existing business processes.
- Build, maintain, and improve decision systems and predictive models. Explore new data sources both internal and external and use findings to further improve and optimize model performance.
- Design, implement, and read in-market experiments testing new algorithms, technologies, and processes to better serve our customer and stay ahead of the competition.
- Recommend and support strategic business changes through rigorous analytics, deep understanding of the business, and creative problem solving.
- Identify, evaluate, and help implement emerging advanced analytics technologies and methods.
- Remote work in Draper/Salt Lake City, UT area during COVID-19 pandemic. Following COVID-19 pandemic, may continue to work remotely in Draper/Salt Lake City, UT area.
- Full-time position.
- Requires Master's degree in a quantitative or technical field of Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Physics, or Computer Science.
- 3 years of experience including: (1) experience with advanced analytics, multivariate analysis, performing data analysis, and interpreting results; (2) 2 years' experience with data exploration and machine learning using R; (3) 2 years of experience in problem formulation, statistics, predictive modeling, and modern data science techniques; (4) 2 years' experience applying advanced statistical modeling techniques to solve problems; (5) 2 years' experience with data querying/extraction using SQL; (6) 2 years' experience crafting rigorous research/evaluation design approaches to meet client's research needs; and (7) 2 years’ experience using data visualization software (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.).
Vive Financial offers a line of credit primarily serving prime and near-prime consumers. The Company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit challenged consumers. We provide flexible and affordable payment options for various goods and services including: medical procedures, furniture, retail, and more!
Vive Financial welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Vive Financial does business.