We are searching for a Sr Director, Software Engineering, to join Vive Financial! The Sr Director, Software Engineering is a senior leadership position on the Technology team reporting to the VP of Information Technology. This role is accountable for the realization of all tactical and strategic software engineering initiatives within their specialized area of focus. They remediate resource concerns, oversee the resolution of production issues, ensure quality integration, and collaborate with other senior leaders to devise project prioritization strategies. They are accountable for the consistency in quality, overall performance, engineering soundness, execution of sprints, support, maintenance, and of all software engineering initiatives and projects. They participate in scrum ceremonies, project design discussions, business discussions, code reviews. This leader may also interact with retail partners and vendors on a regular basis.
Above all, the Sr Director, Software Engineering is a leadership role. They directly or indirectly lead software engineering teams. They collaborate with leaders from other teams (e.g., Product Management, Infrastructure, Sales & Marketing, Accounting, Operations), to make engineering decisions, work through issues, and set strategy. Software engineering teams consists of Engineering Managers, Team Leads, Software Engineers, Business Analysts, and QA Analysts.
What You'll Do:
Essential Leadership Functions
- Reinforce the cultural and performance expectations of the technology team
- Work with other functional and organizational leaders to maintain a positive team morale
- Create an opportunity for teams to focus on the work necessary to reach company goals, forcing out distractions
- Act as a liaison with peers across the business
- Maintain a professional, optimistic, and energetic presence that instills confidence for the team
- Coach and hold individuals responsible to improve their performance and their skills
- Elevate team member performance or conflict issues to the VP of Information Technology as applicable
- Foster win-win, collaborative behavior within the team and between teams
- Inspire others to push through adversity to drive results
- Relate to others on a personal and business level
- Praise the team or individuals for results
- Express the details behind the importance, urgency, and relevance of the work assigned to the team
- Communicate clearly and create the environment for clear communication, cooperation, collaboration, and conflict resolution
- Foster constructive conflict, open dialog, and feedback
- Eliminate unproductive conflict, obstacles and silos or escalate to do so
- Continuously improve and maintain common engineering approaches, collaboration expectations and practices, and hold team leaders responsible for adoption within the team
- Establish and maintain a balanced iteration cadence with a professional level of quality across all sprints
- Ensure software engineering team leaders and team members have the resources necessary to be productive and effective
- Establish and manage team budget, proactively escalating exceptions as necessary
- Work with product owners to apply the overall business strategy and priority to the software engineering backlog, working with business partners and software engineering team leaders to assist in sprint planning
- Work side-by-side with the VP of Information Technology and business and technology leaders to keep the software engineering roadmap aligned to company goals;
- Work with other technology and business leaders to plan and execute skill training, team development or other enrichment for the team
- Ensure incident and change management, security, and engineering procedures are followed
- Establish, manage, and foster the improvement of processes such as agile practices, deployment planning, change management, on-call rotations, etcetera
- Set and manage team and individual goals as required
- Maintain individual job descriptions
- Maintain the integrity and efficiency of software engineering processes
- Prepare and conduct performance reviews
- All duties required related to hiring and separation of team members
- Enures laws, company policies, practices and procedures are followed by team members
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent documented experience is required
- Background in financial services software is a plus
- Ten or more years of experience in leading problem resolution, issue remediation, and IT deployments
- Ten or more years of experience working with senior business leaders on a daily/weekly basis
- Ten or more years of experience in hands-on software development or engineering
- Eight or more years of senior leadership experience in the fields of Software Engineering, Enterprise Software Architecture, or Software Project Management, leading a team of 10 or more
- Eight or more years of experience with performance reviews
- Four or more years of experience in modern software practices like agile or scrum
- Three or more years of experience in strategic planning
- The successful candidate will have hands-on experience in a multitude of domains; including agile development, business analysis, software engineering, database design, enterprise software architecture, technology leadership, and software quality assurance.
- They will also have extensive and relevant experience prioritizing the work of others, challenging and resolving interruptions to prioritized work, resolving interpersonal conflict, and motivating and organizing teams.
- The candidate should also have relevant experience as a trusted technology advisor to senior business leaders and key decision makers. Additionally, the candidate should have hands-on technical experience solving business problems in, but not limited to one or more of the following business areas: Operations, Accounting and Finance, Sales, Payment Processing, Back Office Systems, and/or Business Process Re-Engineering or Development.
- Demonstrated solid understanding of scalable technology architectures
Compensation, Perks & Benefits:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with long term success, an amazing culture, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits. If hired, you can expect:
- Competitive Compensation + Bonus Potential
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- And more!
WHO IS VIVE FINANCIAL?
Vive Financial offers a line of credit primarily serving prime and near-prime consumers. The Company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit challenged consumers. We provide flexible and affordable payment options for various goods and services including: medical procedures, furniture, retail, and more!
Vive Financial welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Vive Financial does business. All new hires must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test.