Vive Financial offers a line of credit primarily serving prime and near-prime consumers. The Company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit challenged consumers. We provide flexible and affordable payment options for various goods and services including: medical procedures, furniture, retail, and more! We are a subsidiary of PROG Holdings (NYSE: PRG), an exciting FinTech holding company, with three business segments including Progressive Leasing, Vive Financial, and Four Technologies, a Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) platform.
We are currently hiring an Assistant Controller to help grow our company and ensure our mission is achieved! This position is eligible for remote work with some days in the office.
WE ARE: A team of accounting experts focused on recording, monitoring, and reporting on Vive’s financial wellness. Vive Financial is known for the high-quality assistance that we provide, and we love to continuously pursue excellence and compassion in all that we do! We are dedicated to creating a culture of belonging, inclusion, diversity, and equity in our teams and celebrate each individual contributions and uniqueness.
YOU ARE: A highly motivated accounting leader with experience understanding and applying accounting principles, experience leading and managing successful teams, exceptional interpersonal & communications skills, and a strong sense of ownership and pride over your area of responsibility.
As a member of the Finance leadership team, you will be responsible for a team that performs critical accounting functions including general ledger, accounts payable, treasury, certain aspects of payroll, and other functions. Additionally, you will collaborate with other teams internally as a representative of the Finance department to push projects to completion as well as working with external parties such as auditors and governmental agencies to ensure compliance with GAAP and State and Federal laws.
- Lead and inspire team members to deliver high quality work products in an environment that promotes flexibility but is committed to meeting deadlines.
- Review and post general ledger entries prepared by team members.
- Manage the close process of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of the Vive business segment to be consolidated into the Prog Holdings public filings.
- Prepare monthly internal financial statements.
- Review general ledger account reconciliations.
- Review quarterly schedules prepared for Prog Holdings public filings.
- Assist Finance, Planning, and Analysis (FP&A) team as needed in preparing annual financial statement budgets, interim forecasts, and department results reviews.
- Manage a compliant SOX financial reporting control environment.
- Other duties as assigned including, but not limited to ad hoc reporting, adoption of new accounting standards, process improvements, implementation of new systems and software, and other projects.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance with a Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience performing accounting related duties
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with an attention to detail
- Competitive Compensation + Bonus Potential
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- Diversity Alliance Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Job Required Equipment & Services Will Be Provided
Vive Financial welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Vive Financial does business. All new hires must pass a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test.